I can still remember when I was a little girl how my grandparents were always reading to me. As an adult I love to read, and I knew when I had my own child that I would make it a point for them to learn how to read and better yet, to enjoy it. Reading is a big part of learning how to talk and interpret what people around you are saying. I have chosen our toddlers top 5 reads this summer and I think you should give one if not all of them a try.
1. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom: a fun rythmic rhyming book that teaches kids the letters of the alphabet.
2. Llama Llama Red Pajama: another lighthearted silly rhyming book that tells the story of a baby who is upset that his mommy isn’t with him every second of the day….I’m sure most moms can relate!!
3. The Pout Pout Fish: An adorable book with rhymes and different ocean creatures that gives your little one a story of hope and a happy ending about a gloomy fish turned into one who spreads happiness instead of sadness.
4. Good Night I Love You: This is a wonderful book to read before bed, this is one of the many loved books by Caroline Jayne Church. This book goes through the basic night time routine that children go through.
5. Goodnight Moon: I’m sure everyone knows of this wonderful classic with simple illustrations that are in colors of soothing tones and can definitely set the mood for any little one drifting off to sleep.
These are the top reads in our household right now, what are some books that your children love to read on a daily basis??
I would love to know, please share in the comments and if you haven’t already subscribe to my blog with your email so you will be notified of new posts!!