We love summertime at my house!! Especially the long days that give us more time to be outdoors…including being poolside! This year we decided to invest in season passes at our local water park, which in the long run saves us time, and money. We live 10 minutes away so it’s something I can do with my son during the day to keep him busy and me sane. But there are some good things know before venturing out to the water park or just a pool in general. Check out my list of must haves and should haves…(I learned a few the hard way)
- First always bring sunscreen 30+or higher and if possible get the broad spectrum so most of the harmful rays are covered. I bring all natural, lotion, and spray on and I keep them in a small wet bag in case any of them leaks. I really like having the variety because some days spraying us down quick quick is easier especially with a squirmy toddler.
- Next this seems too logical but towels!! I have taken my family swimming and packed everything but towels, it can happen!! So I always roll up three towels… it’s a space saver to roll them in my pool bag.
- Water. You can bring one outside bottle per person, and I always put my 32 oz bottle in the bottom of my diaper bag, because you can easily get dehydrated on these sweltering hot days if you don’t drink enough fluids or water. Most people in the water and sun all day don’t realize they haven’t been taking in enough water until it’s too late.
- I recommend bringing some antibiotic cream and some different sized bandaids. I and Jacksons dad both have been scraped, cut, and blistered at the park and I forgot to pack these simple things we needed. So I put them both in a small ziploc bag it’s so simple.
- For your little on bring water shoes even if they may not use them. The pavement get extremely hot and can burn those little baby feet. And most water parks have cement bottoms in the pools because it’s easier to keep up with all the wear and tear the pools can get. These concert bottoms can really scrape babies toes so always great to have the water shoes handy.
- Optional- When we go and stay all day we will load up or stroller with any bags and Jackson and it’s so much easier to protect our items and gives him the option to walk or ride.
- We always bring a wrist harness. It works very well and they are super cheap on amazon. They are worth it because when the park is busy and kids are running everywhere it is very easy to get separated when walking to or from your chairs or cabana.
It sounds like a lot but we actually only carry two bags in for 3 of us including our toddler. And it’s always easy to pack up and tote around. But more importantly we have everything we need for a day of family fun in the sun. I hope these simple tips are helpful for you and your little on any pool side or beach outing you may be venturing too this summer.
Please comment below if this was helpful or if you have some tips to share, and subscribe to my blog with your email so you can receive updates on upcoming posts and giveaways I’ll be hosting!! I love sharing this awesome journey of motherhood.
You must log in to post a comment.